2.21.2008

Oh Martha!

Yes, Martha Stewart is the master of craft projects that I love but can't find the time to make. Often I get as far as buying all the supplies, I just never get around to actually putting them together. This one I will have to make time for because I love it!

This fluffy rug, so welcoming to bare feet, is made from hundreds of strips of denim. The frayed edges in shades of blue, gray, and white create subtle modulations in color.




Denim Fringe Rug Instructions: Cut a 30-by-54-inch piece of burlap. Tear about 200 strips from jeans (you'll need about 12 pairs); make each 1 1/4 inches wide and the length of a pant leg. Align first strip 1 inch from burlap's edge; with the zipper foot attachment on a sewing machine and a denim needle, stitch down center. Snip any remainder from the end, and use it to start the next row. Sew strips 1/8 inch apart, until 1 inch of burlap remains. Fold burlap edges under, and hand-stitch.
See her website for more info.
Maybe I'll make it when I live in a house with a mudroom. Oh how Pottery Barn and Martha Stewart's crafts make me long for a mudroom!

No comments: