11.04.2009

Etsy Finds - Where the Wild Things Are

The night Max wore his wolf suit, and made mischeif of one kind, and another, his mother called him...

Although I haven't seen the movie yet, Maurice Sendak's classic has been a favorite of both of my children. My baby (OK so he's almost 2) is particularly loving it right now. I love that it stokes their imagination and encourages them to deal with their fears. When some very scary looking trick-or-treaters came to our door on Saturday, he roared at them!

So here's a collection of some lovely etsy finds inspired by Wild Things...


Max Ornament from Batzie09



Belt Buckle by flightpathdesigns



Illustration by Nan Lawson

2 comments:

PuppyMomma said...

I'm not sure I want to see the movie. I love the book way too much. And now I love your kid, I'm so glad he roared at things that scared him. Very mature.

Jessica Jo said...

I'm rather surprised to see that is in our theatre, but I'm still not going. I boycott them. We didn't even get 9, I was so mad! Wouldn't want to to go a movie with a newborn anyway. We'll get it when it comes out.