3.12.2008

Wrap-Around Scarf



It is Malabrigo March on Ravelry so I decided to give this yarn a try.




Holy. Freaking. Moly.




This yarn is amazing! I've knit with merino wool before but this is the softest wool I've ever felt and the kettle dyed colors are just gorgeous. I'm planning to knit Jared Flood's Hemlock Ring Blanket out of it so I can wrap myself in Malabrigo!

Anyway, I wanted a pattern that would show off this gorgeous variegated yarn, be an interesting stitch pattern, but still be easy enough to knit during LOST.

Here's the pattern for my scarf:

Yarn: 1 skein Malabrigo Worsted (can substitute Manos del Uruguay but it is not as soft)
Colorway shown is Stonechat
Needle Size: US 10

CO 19 stitches

Knit 3 rows in garter stitch
Row 1: k2, p15, k2
Row2: knit across
Row3: k2, p15, k2
Row4: k7, wrap 3 (move the last three knitted stitches off of the right needle onto a cable needle, wrap the yarn around these stitches 3 times counter-clockwise, move wrapped stitches back to the right needle), *k4, w3, repeat from * to last 4 stitches, knit to end.
Row 5: k2, p15, k2
Row 6: knit across
Row 7: k2, p15, k2
Row 8: k5, w3, *k4, w3, repeat from * to last 2 stitches, knit to end.

Repeat rows 1-8 till you get near the end of your ball of yarn, knit rows 1-3, then knit 3 rows in garter stitch.

Block like crazy (it is basically stockinette so it will curl).




Ta-Da!


2 comments:

LaVerna said...

Love the pattern.I am putting in my queue right now.
I saw on your etsy profile that you are in Clovis,NM.I am near Amarillo.We are practically neighbors!Love your shop.

Kara said...

What an adorable pattern! I'm knitting it up right now, I varied your pattern a bit though. I used Malabrigo Chunky, size 11 needles, and widened the scarf to 23 stitches. So cute, thank you!